Welcome Remarks & Explanation of Features of Digital Platform
Opening Keynote: Update from the Housing Minister
- What is the government’s plan of action for long term recovery?
- Quality homes vs economic recovery: What will the government prioritise? What role do you see planning playing in the long term recovery?
- What has been the response to the ‘Planning For the Future’ Consultation?
- How is the white paper consultation influencing policy development?
- How will the NPPF be revised to take forward the government's planning agenda?
Panel Discussion: Revolution or Evolution? Process, 'Planning for the Future' and Technology in the New Normal
- A look back at the technology used to keep the sector going during the height of the Covid-19 crisis. What were the success and challenges that we can learn from
- Continuing to use technology for further community engagement. What is best practice and can you solely use technology? What about the elderly and engaging with them?
- What are the expectations for the new NPPF?
- Is it realistic to have local plans completed in 30 months? What level of resourcing is needed to make it realistic?
- How can you introduce new technology with the current technology contracts being so bolted?
Pause For Remembrance & Screen Break
Case Study Presentation: Engaging Earlier With the Community To Deliver Homes For The Communities’ Needs
- What are effective consultations at the plan making stage?
- How have community needs changed since Covid-19?
- Public health and planning: is it possible to provide affordable housing in a low density environment?
- What impact will the Hackett Review have on communities scrutiny of developments?
Ask the Experts: What are the Challenges and Opportunities Presented by Replacing 106 with a National Infrastructure Levy?
- What will be the impact on viability assessments with the National Infrastructure Strategy?
- How can you understand the deliverability of your infrastructure to write your local plan?
- How will the change to the funding process change plan making?
Lunch & Screen Break
Presentation: The Green Belt: A Review of What Has Constituted ‘Exceptional Circumstances’
- Examples of which authorities have released land from the green belt and the reasons given
- An analysis of the success and failures of the joint strategic planning in Greater Manchester, Greater London and other areas
- What is next?: A look at the planning white paper and its implications for the green belt
2 x 10 Minute Presentations Followed By Panel Discussion: Zonal Planning: Weighing Up the Challenges and Opportunities for Housing with Zonal Planning
- How much zonal planning will be introduced to the planning system with the Planning for the Future policy?
- What resources are needed to help support the introduction of zonal planning?
Presentation: Changes to the Classes Order: Will there be a Surge of Repurposed Buildings for Residential Purposes?
- How can local authorities work with developers to ensure buildings repurposed under the new use class order still provide quality homes?
- How can you work within the new class order to expand your retail offering and prevent the ‘death of the high street’?
Panel Discussion: Design Codes: What you need to know from creation to working within them
- How can local authorities develop design codes that have the desired impact?
- What are the resources that are needed to deliver these to a high enough standard?
- What is best practice for developers to work within the design codes to ensure viable development?
- How might pattern books be used with permitted development rights to enable development that meets local authority requirements?
Data Download: What are Local Authorities Putting into Their Local Delivery Plans?
An exclusive presentation from DCS and Planning Resource to give you an insight into what local authorities are writing into their local delivery plans and therefore what you should be considering.
Panel Discussion: Housing For The Future - Environmental Assessments, Placemaking & Population Change
- Planning for climate change at a local level: What can you do to mitigate the environmental impact of developments in your authority?
- What will be the long term impact of putting ‘planning at the heart of recovery’?
- How can new developments have a lasting, effective legacy?
- How are local plans changing in response to the workforce changes?