Throughout 2021, the theme of change has rumbled on and the housing sector remains in crisis with not enough suitable homes for the current population. After a period of turmoil and upheaval, where does this leave the housing sector and how can we get more homes delivered in a time when budgets are being squeezed, and the UK faces critical supply shortages? How do we create new homes that work for the community but are also cost-effective and environmentally friendly? Should some decisions be made nationally or locally? How do we all work together to achieve this?
Planning For Housing 2021 was designed to help you navigate and understand the major changes to the sector through lesson sharing case studies, insight presentations and expert-led panel discussions.
The event was an in person event and gave delegates the opportunity to hear high level, strategic content and to have q&a interaction in-person with speakers during sessions. There were plenty of opportunities to network over coffee and lunch with peers and reconnect after a year away from in person events.
Key Features included
- A day of case studies, debates and evaluative panel discussions
- CPD approved content
- Networking – a chance to reconnect face-to-face over coffee/ lunch with fellow town planners, and developers
- A government update on their plan of action for the sector and ensuring delivery
- Lessons in planning at a local level from several leaders across the UK
- The latest information on permitted development rights and zonal planning
- The impact of covid-19 on city planning and the change of use classes
- How planners should respond to the current property market